Monday, August 29, 2005

Don't Stop Believin'

So I got back last night after another fun weekend at the Jersey Shore. Went up Friday to see Journey at PNC Bank Arts Center. So I'm sure I'm not the only one but I had no idea that Journey was coming out with a new album. Not only didn't I know, but I don't care and I didn't pay $30 to listen to you sing crappy songs about faith in the heartland and many generations. Just sing Lights, Open Arms, Only the Young, Wheel in the Sky, Faithfully, Anyway You Want It, Separate Ways and Don't Stop Believin'. I must say that I'm a little afraid that so many people paid money to see this show. When they hit the first piano cords of Don't Stop Believin' the place went insane (myself included). I must say that them singing the greatest hits was an awesome experience.

Saturday was a crabbing day on Jay's dock. I of course got sunburned (big fucking surprise) and then Saturday night was water taxi. We started at Wharfside hanging out with some of Jay's friends and we finally got on the water taxi, which is basically a drunk boat. They take you around to a bunch of bars while serving drinks on board. BTW being a waitress on this boat has got to be one of the worst jobs in the world. We ended up at this other bar that had the hottest hot wings ever. Everyone that tried one was crying. We caught the last water taxi back and steamed through the bay with the Boss at an obnoxiously loud level (if that's possible). We got back to Wharfside and thankfully we were just in time to see a pretty entertaining bar fight.

We were waiting for our taxi as a about four guidos got kicked out of the bar for fighting. They got in a car (yea good idea jackasses) and drove off (I thought for good). Then another guy walked out with some of his girlfriends who were urging him not to go the way the guidos had driven off. He didn't heed their advice and walkied that way. About 10 minutes later he came running down the street followed closely by the guido mobile, which emptied for a rematch. They started fighting and then the guy's friends came running out and a melee was born. Thankfully our taxi showed up around this point so needless to say we beat a hasty retreat but not before seeing the punch of the night: a guido landing a nasty right to the side of some guy's head and dropping him hard.

Came back Sunday and hit up some math camp, which is not as bad as I thought it might be and is actually quite helpful and then writing camp which is either wonderful or horrible depending on which teacher we have. Thankfully only a few days of this left and then an epic house party on Saturday that we are hosting. If you are in the DC/Baltimore area and want to come let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home